State law and the University’s Executive Policy (E11.202) regulate the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages. Under state law, no one under the age of twenty-one may purchase, possess or consume alcoholic beverages. It is the responsibility of both the server and consumer to be aware of and abide by all existing laws and regulations.
Alcohol consumption is permitted in dormitory rooms and student apartments occupied by individuals who are twenty-one years of age or older. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is forbidden in all public and common areas.
All service or consumption of alcoholic beverages involving students on campus requires an endorsement from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Students and approval from the Vice Chancellor for Administration, Finance and Operations. A minimum of two signatures is required on the request forms from the sponsoring organization or group.
Students and employees found to be in violation might be subject to the provisions of State law, University policy and the Student Conduct Code.
NOTE: Only original forms will be accepted and no scanned documents will be accepted.
- Individuals representing organizations, units, or groups sponsoring activities at which alcoholic beverages are to be sold or served should be aware of their potential liability and other consequences incurred by them and their organization in the event a lawsuit is filed. It is recommended that liability insurance be purchased before the service or sale of alcoholic beverages is approved.
- It is contrary to University Policy to serve any alcoholic beverages at events or activities to which the public (or "any or all interested persons") are invited.
- Advertisements or general description flyers announcing an event at which alcoholic beverages are to be served must state that only members and invited guests may attend.
- In order to serve alcoholic beverages at the functions which include non-university guests, such guests must be personally and individually invited.
- It is strongly recommended that food be provided at all functions where alcohol is available.
- The safety and security of all attendees must be assured.
- Sale of alcoholic beverages must occur only under an appropriate license from the Honolulu Liquor Commission.
*Note: You must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view and print this file, or the full version Adobe Acrobat software to save a form-fillable PDF file. If you are using the free Adobe Reader, you cannot save the data in the filled form. You can type your information directly into the form however, once you close your document, your data will be lost. Once you are finished entering the data into the form fields, print the form.
For best usage, Adobe Acrobat 6.0 (Standard or Professional) or higher or Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher is recommended. Click here to download the latest Adobe Reader. To obtain this document in an alternative format, email your request to email@example.com.